Welcome to my little corner of the internet. My name is Holly, I am a mum to 2 adorable and busy toddlers and have been practicing as a Pediatric Occupational Therapist for 10 years.
Becoming a mom was such a joy for me but also overwhelming. The responsibility of mothering an actual human being seems never ending.
It is not only the physical aspect of needing to do all the things (diapers, nursing, cooking, bathing cleaning)
but more so, being the person that makes all the decisions (what will we have for dinner? Should my child go to daycare or a playgroup? How should we respond to tantrums? How will we fill my toddlers day?).
Whether you are a single parent or have an extensive support system, we as moms hold a huge responsibility over the small and big decisions of our children’s lives.
Decision fatigue is a real thing and so is information overload.
Not least amongst these responsibilities is keeping track that our children are developing in line with the norm and that we are creating an environment that stimulates this critical period in child development.
I believe that:
- When moms understand the different areas of development and where their child’s strengths and weaknesses are, they are empowered.
- Child development doesn’t have to be an intimidating checklist with arbitrary questions about how many blocks your kid can stack on top of eachother.
- If we create the space for our toddlers, they will surprise us with their capabilities.
On this site I dive into some of the toddler development dilemmas we all face by answering questions like:
- Is my toddler developing correctly
- Why does my toddler do (insert 1 of the 100’s of toddler behavioural quirks)
- How can I teach my toddler (insert 1 of the 100’s of things toddlers need to learn)
Join me in exploring all things early childhood development for 1-3 year olds. I believe that when it comes to toddler development, what you do mama, matters.
You can reach me at : email@example.com